Saturday, October 24, 2009

Aunty K Poem

Tis eleven past midnight and i'm all alone
not a de-vice is stirring, not even a phone
where once i supposed that it may make a sound
alas it does nothing but lie on the ground
like the dead it says nothing, i sit and i stare
at the phone that ain't ringing, i hold back a tear*
 
when my phone started ringing, back on friday night
my heart began singing, man i felt alright
but then it was nothing, you'd gone and i fear
that you never shall favour a ring to my ear
 
you see i have only had one glass of wine
and although it was pleasant, i must give it time
to disolve in my liver and get to my brain
where i hope it will help to get rid of this pain
that i feel when i realise that it's far to late
for my aunt to be ringing, from a faraway state
so i'll go to sleep with a tear** in my eye
and when sleep comes singing
i'll hope you'll be ringing
but alas i fear not
 
so i sit here and cry and try not to offend
when i say that i'm sorry but this is the end
of this silly verse, wot i've favoured you with.
i'm sorry if it is a bunch of old shit
 

* I have substituted a homograph for the sake of rhyme. I trust its shape will not offend your palate
** for the sake of balance, i have not subsituted a homograph in this instance


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home