Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Strange lights over Kuala Lumpur - A UFO in Bukit Bintang - April 3rd 2011

​​After wandering the streets and stores of Kuala Lumpur, myself and my travelling companion were rather hungry and having left it quite late to eat, decided to try the restaurant over the road from our hotel.  The meal was terrible, ill prepared, flavourless and served without care.  We decided to leave it for the rats and dine elsewhere.  I attempted for some time to locate a waiter that I might procure the bill.  There were none to be seen until I was given a tap on the shoulder. It was our waiter.  Wide eyed, he pointed skyward and asked "You know what is?".  I stepped out into a street full of upturned faces and high-held cameras.  In the sky, almost directly overhead, a very strange thing.  Red, blue, orange and green, simultaneously small and vast, as though the image of a galaxy had somehow been holographically projected across space.  It was perfectly still and evenly bright across time, even though thin cloud marched across the sky.  An hour later it was still there and still more faces pointed at the sky.

Afterward, I quite desperately wanted to share just how amazing a sight this was, but alas​,​ I was met with complete skepticism, as though I were mad, or stupid, or both.  Perhaps an insight into why such stories are generally relegated to the campfire.

And so I give it to you ​in the hope that you might imagine the beauteous complexity of those lights using my blurred photograph as a guide and that your mind might burn with curiosity ​as mine did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home