Sunday, August 14, 2005

Strange News from Another Car

http://www.arts-australia.com is up and running! Yay!

This weekend has been a little strange. I ran into Kait and James McCann last saturday night, and Jame's said they had a residency for August on Saturday nights in the 7-9 slot at the tote, so peg and I went along last night. James has hooked up with shane's county (minus drunkyboy shane of course) to form a new band. Can't for the life of me remember what they're called, but they were awesome and i'm gonna go back next saturday. Ran into brad, sooty, milly, rach and the shane's county people. Sooty is VERY pregnant. It's a boy and is to be called Gram after Gram Parsons! Then we went off to a party at Peg's brother Tom's house in Brunswick. I've been to two of his parties, and they both sucked. They've just had a girl move in, and it was her birthday/housewarming party. She were very cute and friendly. I had a few beers, and then got stuck into the punch, which someone spiked about halfway through the evening: with a bottle of vodka! So I ended up extremely drunk (and for no particular reason quite upset when i got home), and i'm still (24 hours later) feeling quite, quite seedy. Woke up with a smile though!

Did a delivery for Adam this morning, it was one of the good ones. A really light table to a house about two minutes away in Rowe St. I felt a little guilty taking the guys $25!

Anyways, it's kinda cool that we've got someone else (hopefully) moving in, as it'll mean the rent and bills will be a helluva lot cheaper.

Went to my parents place for dinner tonight and had a fantastic lamb roast, the sort one would knock back a chance to run over john howard for. I got bored and realised I had my stencils and spraycans in the car, so I decorated my dad's trailer. It looks rather smashing!

So now I'm kicking back on the puter, i've got a roaring fire going and i'm programming a blog for the new site, so that we don't have to use this blogspot bizzo.

I've just changed my mind... no lamb roast is that good!

Oh, and I have somehow come to have in my posession an alto sax, and apparently tom is giving me a clarinet. Yay! Instruments are awesome fun.

Listening to: The No Doubt album "Tragic Kingdoms" which I downloaded a little while ago after hearing a track called "Underneath it All", which features Lady Saw, who is a dub riddim singer. Check it out, and if you're into dub check out Lady Saw, cos she rocks.

Hint of the day: Don't ever try to stoke a fire using your bare hands. IT BURNS! ARGH!

Fart of the day: Pfffft!

1 Comments:

At Friday, August 26, 2005 , Blogger Den said...

these last two blogs are my faves so far

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home